- 500 g minced wild boar shoulder or belly
- 1 tablespoon brown sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 2 shallots
- 4 burger buns
- olive oil
- 2 Braeburn or Cox’s apples
- 50 g blue cheese , such as Colston Bassett Stilton
- 30 g watercress
- For this recipe, ask your butcher to mince a nice piece of wild boar shoulder or belly for you – make sure it has a good marbling of fat for the best-tasting burgers.
- Work the mince in a bowl with your hands to break down the fat – this will act as a natural binder and help the mince stick together.Divide the meat into 4, roll each piece into a ball, then flatten to roughly 1cm thick, so they’re slightly larger than the buns (they’ll get thicker as they cook). Pop in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat the oven to 120ºC/250ºF/gas ½.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown, Worcestershire and tomato sauces together – adding as much or as little of each as you like. Peel, finely chop and stir in the shallots, then set aside.
- Half the buns, then pop them on a baking tray and warm in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium-high heat and fry the burgers for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through, seasoning well as you go.
- To build your burgers, spread the shallot sauce on the warm bun bases. Slice and add the crisp apple, followed by the burger and a nice piece of blue cheese. Finish with a pinch of watercress, then serve immediately.
We are pleased to announce that we are moving our business to Augher Business Park over the coming days. We are mov… https://t.co/muDHidQvC5Follow
New Gourmet Grub Fresh Chicken Range will be available from 27th April. Our website will go live on 24th April to c… https://t.co/3cdzQLscz3Follow
Our Plain Allergen Free Crumb is on route to Brisbane Australia. We are so excited to have our first export to the… https://t.co/OsKW3NEyhxFollow
Have a Great Easter from the Team at Butchery Excellence! Support your local butcher this bank holiday and try the… https://t.co/CWTi8HrFLiFollow
Sunday Lunch is one of the most important meals of the week, it is when we get a chance to sit down with our loved… https://t.co/nXCzMAOITfFollow