- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 pork sausages
- 3 handfuls frozen chips
- 4 rashers smoked back bacon
- 4 eggs
- 4 large floury Irish soda’s
- 400g can baked beans
- ketchup and brown sauce, to serve
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Use 1 tbsp of the oil to lightly grease a large, shallow roasting tin. Scatter the chips over two-thirds of the tin and line the sausages up on the other third. Cook for 20 mins, then toss the chips around, turn the sausages and return to the oven 10 mins more until the chips are golden and the sausages browned. Push everything together to make room in the tin, then lay the bacon rashers in the space and return to the oven for 10-15 mins or until the bacon fat is crisp and sizzling.
- Five mins before the bacon is ready, heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and fry the eggs however you like them. Heat the beans in a saucepan or in a microwave.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium high heat. Gently fry soda bread for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden brown. Serve hot, seasoned lightly with salt
- Split the soda’s, butter and sauce as you like, split each sausage length ways and, building from the bottom up, layer the chips, sausage, bacon and egg. Present the soda open for extra sauce and to keep the yolk intact. Serve small pots of beans on the side for dipping and spooning over.
BEI Committie Members selection for Connaught Fiachra Moran Mark Jennings Wild Card: Shane Keane https://t.co/sBwMdRof4JFollow
BEI Committe members for Leinster: Mark Williams and Jonathan Brown Wild card selection: James Murphy https://t.co/NVwHzcV5IRFollow
BEI Committee members for Muster: Jack McCarthy Tim McCarthy Wild Card: Denver Morrissey https://t.co/icnNlpR4qvFollow
BEI Committee members for Ulster Keith Walsh James Cunningham Wild Card: Kerry Angus https://t.co/hcKkVp2EhUFollow