- 200 g leftover cooked higher-welfare turkey meat
- 200 ml leftover higher-welfare turkey gravy
- 1 carrot
- 1 apple
- ½ a red onion
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint
- 2 gherkins
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 4 seeded wholemeal buns
- BBQ SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon HP sauce
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- ½ teaspoon chipotle Tabasco sauce
- 1 splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Shred and pull apart your leftover turkey meat and place in a small pan with a splash of water and 4 tablespoons of gravy. Pop a lid on and place on the lowest heat for 10 minutes to warm through.
- Warm the rest of the gravy in a separate pan, ready to use it for dunking later.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely shred the carrot, matchstick the apple, peel and finely slice the red onion, and pick and slice the mint leaves. Place it all in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of pickling liquid from your gherkin jar.
- Finely slice the gherkins, using a crinkle-cut knife if you’ve got one, and the chilli, add to the bowl, mix well, lightly season and put aside.
- Mix all the BBQ sauce ingredients together.
- Split and toast your buns, then spread the BBQ sauce inside them, top and bottom. Pile your pulled turkey on the bun bases, drizzle with a little gravy and top with some of that tasty slaw. Pop the bun lids on, and you’re away.
- Serve the rest of the gravy on the side for a naughty dunk, along with any leftover slaw.
Cutting Edge Issue 16- Our Members Only Monthly Magazine is out now! Link to view and subscribe to below. https://t.co/VsyzjkYgAtFollow
The results are now in for the All Ireland BBQ Butchery Championship 2019, Congratulations to all Winners and to th… https://t.co/M17NxxJgdFFollow
Great day at All Ireland BBQ competition. Thanks to our judges Liam Mcevoy, Rhonda Montgomery and our sponsor Leste… https://t.co/qfX07dHfbuFollow
BEI Members, we have an additional category in our competition this year: Ribeye category. Apologies for mising thi… https://t.co/lykfpwiJtrFollow