- 200 g leftover cooked higher-welfare turkey meat
- 200 ml leftover higher-welfare turkey gravy
- 1 carrot
- 1 apple
- ½ a red onion
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint
- 2 gherkins
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 4 seeded wholemeal buns
- BBQ SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon HP sauce
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- ½ teaspoon chipotle Tabasco sauce
- 1 splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Shred and pull apart your leftover turkey meat and place in a small pan with a splash of water and 4 tablespoons of gravy. Pop a lid on and place on the lowest heat for 10 minutes to warm through.
- Warm the rest of the gravy in a separate pan, ready to use it for dunking later.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely shred the carrot, matchstick the apple, peel and finely slice the red onion, and pick and slice the mint leaves. Place it all in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of pickling liquid from your gherkin jar.
- Finely slice the gherkins, using a crinkle-cut knife if you’ve got one, and the chilli, add to the bowl, mix well, lightly season and put aside.
- Mix all the BBQ sauce ingredients together.
- Split and toast your buns, then spread the BBQ sauce inside them, top and bottom. Pile your pulled turkey on the bun bases, drizzle with a little gravy and top with some of that tasty slaw. Pop the bun lids on, and you’re away.
- Serve the rest of the gravy on the side for a naughty dunk, along with any leftover slaw.
We are pleased to announce that we are moving our business to Augher Business Park over the coming days. We are mov… https://t.co/muDHidQvC5Follow
New Gourmet Grub Fresh Chicken Range will be available from 27th April. Our website will go live on 24th April to c… https://t.co/3cdzQLscz3Follow
Our Plain Allergen Free Crumb is on route to Brisbane Australia. We are so excited to have our first export to the… https://t.co/OsKW3NEyhxFollow
Have a Great Easter from the Team at Butchery Excellence! Support your local butcher this bank holiday and try the… https://t.co/CWTi8HrFLiFollow
Sunday Lunch is one of the most important meals of the week, it is when we get a chance to sit down with our loved… https://t.co/nXCzMAOITfFollow