Meatballs are always popular and these are served with toasted pine nuts and vibrant kale, making a vitamin C-rich dish that’s 2 of your 5-a-day
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2 x 400g cans plum tomatoes
- 1 lemon, zested and cut into wedges
- 500g pork mince
- 2 tsp fennel seeds 250g kale
- 25g pine nuts, toasted
- crusty bread or mashed potato, to serve (optional)
- In a medium pan, heat 1 tbsp of the oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 5 mins. Tip in the tomatoes with a splash of water, increase the heat and allow to bubble for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the lemon zest, mince, fennel seeds and a good pinch of seasoning. Mix well, then shape into walnut-sized balls.
- Heat the remaining oil in a lidded frying pan over a medium heat. Add the meatballs and brown for 5 mins, then pour the tomato sauce into the pan. Simmer for 10 mins, then add the kale, cover with a lid and cook for 5 mins more until wilted. Season to taste, and scatter over the pine nuts. Serve with the lemon wedges, for squeezing over, and crusty bread or mash, if you like.
We are pleased to announce that we are moving our business to Augher Business Park over the coming days. We are mov… https://t.co/muDHidQvC5Follow
New Gourmet Grub Fresh Chicken Range will be available from 27th April. Our website will go live on 24th April to c… https://t.co/3cdzQLscz3Follow
Our Plain Allergen Free Crumb is on route to Brisbane Australia. We are so excited to have our first export to the… https://t.co/OsKW3NEyhxFollow
Have a Great Easter from the Team at Butchery Excellence! Support your local butcher this bank holiday and try the… https://t.co/CWTi8HrFLiFollow