- 10-12 rashers smoked streaky bacon, halved
- cooking spray
- your choice of filling – eggs, mushroom, tomatoes etc
You will also need 2 muffin tins that fit inside of each other
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Turn a six-hole muffin tin upside down and lightly coat the bottom with cooking spray. Overlap three or four short slices of bacon so that they cover the upturned cups, then sandwich another muffin tin on top so that the bacon is nicely compressed.
- Put the pans on a baking tray to catch the drips and bake for 20 mins or until the bacon cups are brown and crisp. Remove the tins from the oven and leave to cool completely before taking the top tin off. Carefully peel the bacon cups away from the tin and drain upside down on a piece of kitchen paper until you need them.
- You’ve just cooked a delicious bowl. Now fill the bowl with a spoonful of your favourite breakfast food – Boston baked beans, a grilled tomato, sautéed potatoes, refried beans or hash browns with a sprinkle of grated cheese on top.
Join us for a Christmas Party Gala and Getting-to-know-you Night on the 30th November at The Four Season’s Monaghan… https://t.co/WD2WZiIOUKFollow
The All Ireland Fine Food & Butchery Awards are now open for Entry! Download your entry form today via the link be… https://t.co/ViJEJzcSl4Follow
Cutting Edge Issue 17 - Our Members Only Monthly Magazine is out now! Check out pages 16-19 for a feature on all t… https://t.co/FbqWojBhvJFollow
Congratulations to Kennedy Bacon on achieving SALSA certification for another year. Another MFC success for this mo… https://t.co/SC1hcniHPYFollow
Congratulations to EWS Donegal on winning Irish Independent Retailer 2019. We are delighted for Keith, Liam. Edmund… https://t.co/QXiMTfNJO0Follow